brianlanning

Question: Since the D-Handle includes a cord and trigger switch, what
do you do with all the cord already attached to the 690 motor? I
considered picking one of these up also but...

I didn't think about that until I was online last night. I guess you'd
have to zip-tie it up. If you buy the 690 with the D-handle, it has a
stubby cord. I decided to buy that one later. It looks to be about
$170. I was wanting a second one anyway. And for some reason, $170
for a router feels right. Even though I know that you can get the
motor for $100 and the base for $70. $70 still seems like a lot of
money for the D-handle. I got a fixed base for the 690 from the very
same Rockler for $35 for use in a router table.

Ah, yes. It is indeed. Nice people that are willing to help you find
anything you want but if you say "Thanks, just browsing..." it's like
you have a tag on you saying "Beware of Plague!" and they really keep
their distance until you whistle them up to help. I like that in a

store.

There's a manager there who really rubs me the wrong way. I've seen
him at the ww shows also. But the guy last night seemed like a nice
guy.

My experience is similar but I've found their prices to be all over

the
board. Some deals are good, some are bad. Compared some recent
purchases with prices from Lee Valley for identical items and Lee

Valley
had them beat, hands down. Of course, with the shipping charges you
would have to spend about $50 minimum before you could consider it a
"wash" even factoring in the lack of that 8.25% (I think it is) tax

rate
in Schaumburg.

There's a woodcraft in palatine. Maybe I'll try them on the way home.

brian