Larry Jaques

On 6 Apr 2005 15:19:36 -0700, the inscrutable "TheNewGuy"
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On 31 Mar 2005 10:18:36 -0800, the inscrutable "TheNewGuy"
spake:

As you increase your Neanderdom, you'll need sources for
more planes. Besides my Stanleys, I have a stable full of Knights.
www.knight-toolworks.com/wooden.htm

*sigh* Well, as Charlie B correctly pointed out in his reply to me,
"it's a slippery slope." Not only is the LV medium shoulder plane on
its way to me, but I succumbed to Knight's 50%-off sale, and now he's
finishing the ash jointer w/ D-tote for me! I've been scouring info on
tuning planes, sharpening, and technique, and can't seem to read enough
about using planes.

Wait until you buy a can of Johnson's Wax. The slope gets faster.

Crap. How did it come to this? :*) Ah, but it's a Beautiful Thing.
Hm, new planes on the way - I just might have to add to the "BT" series
of photos, eh?

Si!

Look for the book set "Hand Tool Classics" by Taunton. One book is
Garrett Hack's "The Handplane Book" and the other is his "Classic Hand
Tools." List price is $39.95, I got them as remainders from Hamilton
Books for $15 or so. (No, they're all gone, but look around.)

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---