Unquestionably Confused

on 4/7/2005 12:01 PM Neil Larson said the following:
I shop at the same store and have found, in general, that they are very
competative. If you are talking about buying from the Tool Crib on Amazon,
add in shipping and the delay in getting it and see how the price looks
then.

When was the last time you bought something from Amazon.com that cost
more than $25 and paid shipping? When was the last time you paid sales
tax on a similar purchase.

Fire up the computer and order a Unisaw from Amazon.com. Free shipping,
no sales tax and a price that's... You get the picture.

I'm SURE that if I were to place the order for that Unisaw there would
be a catch to it, a surcharge for tailgate service, etc. but even so,
how would that compare to around $160-$170 in tax plus at least that in
trucking on top of a higher price tag to begin with.

I would really hate to be a store front merchant in this day and age.
That Rockler's, Woodcraft, etc. do as well as they do by their customers
is amazing.

Their salvation it seems is - as some of their employees and hard-core
clientele have mentioned - you can discuss a problem with someone who's
BTDT and get a reasonable answer or at least a suggestion rather than
"Huh? I think you maybe need to buy a new...."