Unquestionably Confused

on 4/7/2005 12:25 PM HerHusband said the following:
Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has drawings, plans, photo's, or tips for
building murphy beds, especially those without any fancy hardware.

Saw some plans for a horizontal one at Rockler's. It used the hydraulic
hardware but it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt to a non-hardware
(i.e. brute strength) system as your overall dimensions, etc. will
remain constant or even shrink a bit but the pivot point, height of
mattress in use will remain the same.

Hadn't seen the horzontals before. Looked quite nice and, as you say,
could be worked into a wall of casework, etc. SWMBO was not all that
keen on it until she saw the plans when we were at Rockler's and the
word "horizontal" finally clicked in. She heard "Murphy" and vertical
immediately registered even though I said horizontal.

We have a small guest room that may... g