Doug Miller

In article , lgb wrote:

Naah! I nominate ANY cell phone service!

Verizon Wireless takes the prize in my book.

Four years ago, they ran an ad in the paper touting basic cell service, 30
min/month during prime time and 1000 hours night/weekend service, free
phone, no activation fee, for $19.95. Called the toll-free number and ordered
one for my wife. Couple weeks later, I ordered one for myself, same plan. Only
difference was that I ordered mine in person at a kiosk in the mall, so I
actually had a signed contract for mine.

First bill comes in the mail for each account: $29.95. Plus charges for night
and weekend use.

Called them up and asked "what gives?" They denied that they ever offered such
a plan. I read them the plan code off my contract. They denied that such a
plan existed. Faxed them a copy. Turns out they *did* have a plan like that
after all. So they promise to fix my account.

What about my wife's account, the one I ordered by phone? Well, sir, since you
don't have a contract to prove that's the plan you signed up for, we can't
give you that rate.

I said, Don't go there. That works two ways: without a contract, *you* can't
prove that I agreed to pay *anything* for the service. You can't prove that I
agreed to any kind of early termination penalties. Fix the account, or I won't
pay.

She said if I didn't pay, they'd see me in court.

I pointed out that without a contract, they would have a pretty hard time
proving anything, and it would just be easier on all concerned if she would
just concede that since I'd already *proved* that I was telling the truth
about the first phone, I'm probably telling the truth about the second one,
too.

It took them *five*months* to get the billing straightened out. Every month,
for five months, I had to call them and make them adjust the bill. Idiots.

--
Regards,