cm

This happens to you more times than you are aware of!

I buy things all the time at my local paint store, Ace Hardware and True
Value that are less than Home Depot or Lowes and Home Depot and Lowes have
many things cheaper than Ace, True Value, and my paint store. I don't have
time to price shop everything.

A roll of 1 1/2" blue masking tape at HD or Lowes is about $5.00. I buy it
at the paint store for $2.80 I bought a Kwikset lock at Ace for $24.99 and
saw it at HD later that day for $28.97.

If we buy too many of our tools and supplies online we won't have any local
woodworking toy stores.

You might also check other stores in your area and see what the router base
is selling for. Maybe that is the going rate locally???

$30.00 is a lot of money.

AZCRAIG

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com

Refresh - Repair - Restore

"brianlanning" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was meeting a friend at the schaumburg outback last night for dinner
(Schaumburg is a chicago suburb), so I decided to stop by the Rockler
store there and pick up the D-handle for my PC 690.

Let me first say this this place is like a candy store and I've bought
things there on many occasions.

I didn't check online to see what a good price on the D-handle was, but
my gut told me that it should be about $50. I walked in and asked the
guy if they had one. He was very helpful. Then I noticed the price:
$98... for a cast aluminum frame, plastic handle, power plug connector,
power cord, and trigger. For comparrison, this is about what those
huge cast iron tennoning jigs cost. So I put it back and left.

When I arrived home last night, I looked up the item on amazon: $70.
Now I can understand that schaumburg isn't a cheap area. And I can
understand that they need to make some money and can't really compete
directly with online places, but $30 is a little excessive.

The weird thing is that some of the items seemed to have very good
prices. Maybe this is a special case.

brian