Dave Hinz

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:19:04 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz wrote:

Sometimes you just can't fix the stuff, but if the droid couldn't recognize
that it was their own switchgear where the traceroute was dying, well,
it's hard to get good helldesk people.

I eventually did get him to realize that it was *their* equipment causing the
problem, and he kicked me up the line to a second-level tech who did a little
more digging, and actually admitted that they had a server configured
incorrectly. But did they *ever* fix it? Nooooooooooooooo.....

Right up there with "Hi, your usenet server isn't getting any new
articles for the last 3 days". Followed by "What's Usenet, you mean
Internet", "have you rebooted 17 times", and "Which browser are you
using". Argh.