Don Foreman

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:02:14 GMT, Ron DeBlock wrote:

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:20:08 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Mine is the 1968 edition. BTW, our recent discussion got me interested in
getting my license again, so I went out last week and took the Tech and
General class tests. I got my General-class call today but it's a 2-over-3:
KC2NZT. I'll go after the Extra and see if I can get a shorter call.

Congrats, Ed! I think they're assigning 2x2 calls for Extras now. If
you're not aware, the FCC allows you to request a vanity call sign for an
extra fee. You could get your old call back, if nobody else has it -
check at www.qrz.com

How do you do that? I'd love to get my old call back, and it doesn't
seem to be reissued: W8CNK. ( I am now W0LAP)