jim rozen

In article , Bruce L. Bergman
says...

Oh, yeah, it's a set of Nathan Airchime horns, nice clean install...
But there's one huge problem with this, something you don't see in the
picture - Where in the hell is the driver of this little bike going to
get enough air to drive these monsters?

(quote from m/c ng, from the person who owns the bike)
Thanks. Of course, building something like this is as much fun as using it.
I used an air compressor from an 81 Wing's suspension, 2 old propane torch
tanks as air tanks, a solonoid valve, a 140 PSI shut-off for air bag
suspension. I didn't lose any cargo capacity as it's all outside of the
bags. I get about 5 seconds continuous blast (an eternity) or about 7 short
hoots in succession, and then about 5 minutes for refill. I will be looking
to scrounge a better compressor, but don't want to use all my charging
capacity. I have an area above the center stand where i can install another
small tank, but am looking for something to fill the shape.
The system could all be removed in 20 minutes If i get tired of it (not
likely) and when I install an 81 Wing's rear swing arm and final drive on
this 76 Wing in a few weeks, I will be able to use the 81's air shock system
without the usual welding of different lower ends to the shocks. This combo
will give me a higher gear ratio for better mileage, and lengthen the
wheelbase 2.5 inches.
Tomorrow I am leaving on a ride for the weekend, so i will be able to
compare my mileage with that of my trip 2 weeks ago and see what kind of
change there is. I could follow aerodynamic practice and put a simple spike
in front of each hooter to split the airflow, but the numbers will tell me
if it's worth the effort.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California
(end quote)