Peter Crosland

And the statistics to prove this are where exactly?

Look at the planning inspectorate website, you have to search through
the individual cases to see which ones have been permitted, I have a
complaint going through them at the moment which is why I got interested
in how many were being passed at appeal level, do you know different?
We have had a couple of absolutely scandalous developments passed
locally which were opposed by everyone except the planning inspector and
the developers

Obviously I don't know about the individual case you refer to. However, to
substantiate your statement one has to look at it on a vaild statistical
basis i.e what percentage of appeals were successful in one period compared
with another. The last time I looked at this locally it did not alter much
from year to year. What many people don't comprehend is that inspectors have
to make a judgement based on planning law rather than bowing to local
opinion. It is not unusual for a council's paid planning staff to recomend
approval and have this ignored by the council members.

Peter Crosland