Lessie

Sorry for omitting all the info, but the reason is that the tv has been
chucked away, still I wanted to know what it could have been.
The engineer had one look at it and said it was not worth fixing,
he didn't even open it, seems he new what it was straight away.

It was a 25" Panasonic, but I don't know what model it was. One
day we switched it on with the remote and only the sound started,
i.e. no picture. That's it, no picture was ever visible from then on,
the screen was exactly as if the unit was off, no partial brightness
or near the corners, just absolutly dead, as if no power was on.

But this is all academic :-) , so feel free not to waste your time too
much...

tnx.