Doug Miller

In article , Dave Hinz wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:41:30 -0400, Paul Kierstead wrote:

That is one nice set-up, Dave. I don't like my bandwidth providor much,
don't use their email services and their DNS used to drop all the time,

Does the name sound at all like "voyager.net" by any chance?

Oh, geez, don't get me started on Voyager. For years, I had an account with a
local ISP. Hardly ever had any technical problems, and when I did, the
customer service was superb. Then the local outfit was bought ought by
Voyager, and almost immediately everything went in the toilet. Dropped
connections, dial-up modems that wouldn't answer, sloooooow connections, at
least fifty times the amount of spam... and absolutely clueless customer
service. The last straw was when I called for about the seventeenth time to
complain about the slow connections. They insisted it had to be a problem in
my configuration (which hadn't changed for six months). Told me to run
traceroute to show where it's getting bogged down. OK... connection between me
and them was just fine. Two hops farther, though, it was a *very* different
story - repeated timeouts between two of *their* machines. The customer
disservice rep told me to reinstall Windows. Yeah, right. I told him, sure,
I'll do that, just as soon as you explain to me how anything on *my* machine
can cause packet timeouts between *your* servers.

--
Regards,