Wes Stewart

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:17:02 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"JC" wrote in message
oups.com...
BEST
Lee Valley
Grizzly

THE ABSOLUTE ALL-TIME MOST SINCERELY BUTT-UGLY WORST:
Dell Computer
http://members.cox.net/valk_ryder/dell/

Yeah ... but add Gateway to the short list. 83 year old Mom: "I have a USB2
port on my 2 year old Gateway, but it won't work with my iPod anymore?".
CustomerServiceoxyMORON: "Sorry lady, you're going to have to buy a new
computer for that to work".

I'm typing on a Dell. I decided some time ago I would never buy
another. It's worked okay for several years until the built-in modem
failed and I gave up and installed an external hardware modem. But
when I tried to add memory I learned that Dell stuff is proprietary;
Kingston, etc won't work.

When tech "support" went to India, that sealed their fate. I called
them one time about the modem... "Sir, you are going to have to
reformat your hard drive."