toller

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"toller" wrote:

If I make filler by mixing cherry dust with glue, will it darken like the
rest of the wood?
If not, any suggestions? (I mean other than being skillful enough that I
don't need filler.)

Odds of it darkening at the same rate and intensity are not good..just a
hunch.
It would probably matter which glue was used as well... again.. just a
hunch.
The PVA would tend to stay lighter than hide-glue... me thinks.
I have seen pva spots show up after a few years...~ahem~... on somebody
else's work.... of course.

I had some success with a small dent and cherry dust and
cyanoacrylate... clean up with acetone.

I've never used cyanoacrylate for anything like this. I though it had to be
anerobic to cure. Is there a trick to it?