Ed Angell

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Craftsman 48 inch cut riding lawn mover. Last year, the belt
that drives the tranmission had a tendancy to sometimes slip off when I
would puch the clutch in to change years or stop.

Snip

Sounds like my Sears mower. Pull the gear shift cover off, it's the only
way to both see and understand the path of the drive belt. There is a belt
path guide on the mower deck and in the manual, look it up as the right way
to put the belt on is somewhat convoluted. Auto parts stores have the
replacement belts at half of Sears parts online.

Ed Angell