Proctologically Violated©®

wrote in message
oups.com...
A good used compressor can be an excellent buy, but be sure it has an
ASME approved storage tank. This roughly doubles the cost/value of the
compressor.

Before buying a used compressor, remove the inspection plugs on the
tank and check its internal rust condition. You don't want an air tank
containing say 100-psi to burst. I've had it happen and it's a nasty
thing that can do a lot of damage or even kill you.

Non-ASME approved storage tanks are considerably cheaper to buy, but
OSHA doesn't allow them in a workplace, nor would I want one in my home
or garage.

Good points.
Cept I don't know that all tanks have inspection plugs--which I gather are
*in addition* to where the plumbing attaches..
Does the lack of these plugs mean non-ASME?? Is ASME-approved plainly
visible?
My tank is now sorta hard to see... Defly does not have an inspection plug,
other than the 1/2" npt welded coupling that the regulator screws into.

I think someone posted recently about a friend or co-worker seriously
injured/killed by a bursting tank.
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Harry C.