D Murphy

wrote in news:1112821967.335184.34300
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I've bought two things from "MARJEN MACHINES", a clausing drill press
and a big belt sander. I had to bug them for like 3 months and threaten
litigation to get them to ship the sander, though the drill press came
easily enough. Both things were _extremely_ beat though, almost to the
point of being worthless. So far I've replace belts and bearings,
cleaned the socket, and tried to straighten the spindle of the drill,
but it still has wicked bad runout.

Don't know if its Babin, but in the same league.

Reason I ask, is that I remember reading a few disparaging things about
MARJEN and then I read where someone claimed it was Babin. I made an
interesting purchase from MARJEN, the whole deal was very wierd but I made
out like a bandit. Same deal as you though, it took forever to ship and the
item was damaged. It was easily fixed and today I could sell it quick at a
$2,000.00 profit. More if I wait for the right buyer to come along. It was
funny as I had the impression that he thought he was pulling a fast one on
me, yet he didn't know the value of what he had. I talked to him on the
phone so I had a good chance to size up the deal. I don't know if anyone is
really interested in the details so I'll leave it at that for now.

--

Dan