On 6 Apr 2005 06:02:14 -0700, someone wrote:

... As suggested in another NG I put this in the hands
of my real estate attorney and he has now straightened it out. They
WILL provide me with the loan and they are not requiring a new
appraisal. Which still leaves me wondering what the real problem was.

Glad its all straightened out now.

Maybe the real reason is that they had trouble getting the appraisal
accepted, but someobody bitched and moaned enough, and perhaps the
appraiser called or fax'd a statement that the reason he chose a
farther Comps was blah blah blah (none available closer, farther Comp
was more timely, closest Comp had major physical differences or zoning
that would require excessive adjustment, blah blah blah). There are
indeed valid reasons to select a farther Comp, but its a red flag.

I would still like people to explain to me what specific occurances
would satisfy them that so and so HAD been "held accountable". But
nobody is required to. For instance I had a mother call my office
looking for help in having some teachers "held accountable" because
she had a gripe with something that occurred at school with her son.
I asked her over and over for examples of specific results or
satisfy her, and all she would say was "I want them held accountable".
But she could not tell me what would constitute that thing.

But I digress. Glad the guy's appraisal went through and he got the
loan.