Default Glow-Worm Extrafast 96 Timer

I have a Glow-Worm Extrafast 96 which has decided, after only 30
months, to stop all timer functions. A replacement timer will cost =A350
however it is only a 24hr programmer and ideally I would like a 7 day
timer. The optional remote control unit with integrated 7 day timer is
a STAGGERING =A3150, clearly not an option for me. I have investigated
the controller connections and read the manual for the =A3150 unit and
it seems that the remote control unit uses digital data stream rather
than a basic analogue on/off arrangement.

Does any one have any ideals how I can get around this problem (without
putting a timer plug adaptor on the main lead).

There are 4 terminals on the old defective timer, all the cables are
white (Thank you Glow-Worm)?

Would I be right in assuming that they are Live/Neutral and the on/off
signal??

Thanks,
Marco