It's me again. Using one of my aliases ;-)

To my mind these auctions have the "look and feel" of the Babin. The
pastel backgrounds on his photos, done with a paint program. Machine
tools look like they're suspended in air. The milling machine looks
like he took a gallon of silver paint and hosed it down but I think I
see rust peeking through where something touched the paint. Some of
his feedbacks looks suspicious.

I know - this guy's been on eBay for a long time with not much
activity. But that's like the Babin. Create an account and let it
age. Make a few small purchases to get some positive feedback. Then
use the account to sell a bunch of garbage before bidders get wise and
the scheme collapses.

Maybe he's evolved a little after reading some of the posts here.
Maybe he learned to use a spellchecker. You must learn to think like
the Babin to catch the Babin.

James

Jon Elson wrote:
James McAllister wrote:

He's "rjjansen" in Sturtevant, Wisconsin. Has 5 machines listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Why do you say this? This guy's descriptions are very terse, but no
misspellings
(Did I misspell that?) Babin tended to rattle on 3-5 lines about a
machine, and rife
with errors and misspellings. This seller has a 100% rating that

dates
from July 2002.
Unless Babin has just recently hijacked this guy's account, it seems
unlikely.

I did a bit of "spot the Babin" a couple years ago, and his eBay

style
is pretty
easy to identify.

Jon