Leif Thorvaldson

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi,
My old chain on my Poulan electric was run into the ground (literally!),
so I decided to get a new one and spend some time reconditioning the old
one. That way I could always have a sharpened spare on hand if needed.
However, when I compared the old one (OEM Poulan) with the new one (a
generic "one size fits all" from Home Depot) , the new one had almost
twice as many cutters as the original (17 on old vs 28 on new). My
question is whether the electric motor should be able to pull the
additional cutting surfaces? Most of the cutting will be in green woods,
so heating should be less than hard dryed stock. But I'd hate to lose a
good motor due to an improper chain.
Any opinions??

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Ken: Sounds like your first chain was a "skip-tooth" used for rapid cutting
of logs -- that is the only kind I buy for my saw -- less teeth to sharpen!
I think your saw will handle the 28 tooth chain just fine; however, you can
always call or go to a saw shop and ask. Poulan can be queried also, at:
http://www.poulan.com/contact_us.asp

Happy, safe cutting!
Leif