Tim Mullen

In Larry Green writes:

The spelling is 'rowlock' but it is pronounced 'rollock'. Much as
'gunwale' is pronounced 'gunnel' or 'boatswain' is pronounced 'bosun'.

A friend worked on the tall ship Gazella, and once gave me a tour.
After a while I caught on that things like "midsil" were actually the
mid SAIL.

I developed a theory that, when on deck with your face encrusted
with ice and your pearly whites clattering together, shortening words
as much as possible becomes a biological necessity.

--
Tim Mullen
Am I in your basement? Looking for antique televisions, fans, etc.