Larry Jaques

On 6 Apr 2005 08:58:16 -0700, the inscrutable "Joatman71"
spake:

I want to make 1/64 scale models of construction equipment. I have
looked at using brass and soldering it together, but it doesn't stick
together well. I can break it apart at the solder joint. Is this
normal or is it my soldering skills? I also want to lay a bead of
solder along a 2" joint and then grind it smooth. Is this possible?
Should I braze it instead of soldering it?

I have thought about using sheet metal and a mig welder instead. Will
this work with very small parts and thin metal?

Thanks for any ideas.

Isn't this a perfect excuse to buy one of the $200 TIGs at HF?

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---