JimL

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:53:56 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Stretch, I don`t know where you got the info on bleach falling out of
favor . So please post a link of proof, I dought that you can.

Bleach is the cheapest, most simple to use product that actualy kills
spores rendering them harmless without any time wasting contact or
effort. You simply spray it on, then mold dies in minutes from oxygen
removal and cannot dust off releasing spores. Washing with soap is
optional if you want it clean, but who cares in an unused attic as it
dissapears visualy with bleach and is left dead, not afecting anything.
Bleach also stops wood rot, soap does nothing but clean and leave mold
spores alive and well for proper conditions to again allow it to grow.
Who ever gave you that info lacks hands on practical experiance and
common sence.

In my humid Houston neighborhood, bleach is still king. Detergent
used alone without bleach would result in malpractice and misfeasance
claims galore.

Commercial bleach products are best however, and still very
reasonable in price, and they can last a lot longer..