clifto

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
From www.joe.org
The average water use per dishwasher cycle decreased from a
range of 11-15 gallons per normal cycle in 1978 (Garrett, 1978) to 6-10
gallons per normal cycle in 2000 (Soap and Detergent Association [SDA],

The Magic Chef dishwasher we bought in 1977 had us asking the same
question in later years; the factory wrote us back that there was never
more than five quarts in the machine at any one time. I believe it had
four water cycles, so it used five gallons per complete wash.

It still did a passable job of washing when we gave it away during our
2002 move; needed one bottom seal kit, one soaking of the motor bearings
and shaft in oil after that, and one door seal kit its whole life. And
we didn't know any better and ran it on the liquid detergent.

--
I miss my .signature.