Default Everwood / Petrawood Deck Treatment

Well, it's that time of year again. I briefly investigated this silica
aero gel wood treatment that is supposed to last a long LONG time but
got no feedback here. So I held off on trying it on my deck.

Has anyone tried Everwood ( aka Petrawood ) ? Do you think it's any
good or just a bunch of crap?

I had a local deck treater try to give me a hard sell for my deck last
year at around $1800 but I passed on it. Especially when I can buy the
product he's using for $45 a gallon (up from $40 last year).

http://www.solvingconcreteproblems.c...nformation.htm

Thanks for any feedback!

Clocker