Drifter

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:07:29 -0500, JimL wrote:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:42:45 -0400, wrote:

We are having new countertops installed so I removed our old
countertops in the kitchen,along with the sink as we are getting a new
sink also. The garbage disposal is attached to the old sink which is on
our patio. Duh....how do I get the old garbage disposal off of the old
sink so that I can reinstall it on the new sink? It has 3 screws around
it that appear to do nothing more than level it. It seems like its
probably easy to remove it, but by just looking at it, I can't tell
how.

Doug and Patty

Usually there is a rubber grommet that holds the top to the bottom -
and a clip holding the grommet in place. Remove the clip and then
force the rubber grommet open and the bottom will drop off.

JimL

yeah, but be ready to catch the unit they can be kinda heavy and
dropping one on your foot HURTS!

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."