Mary Fisher

Default Memories - was building regs for staircases

... That Woman ...

Which woman?

Named after a huntress.

... - the sun shone on
the solar powered radio bringing it into sudden life.

You don't have one of those clockwork ones?

It's a combined solar/clockwork one but it's better than the first we bought
which only lasts for 25 minutes on one wind. I keep that in the greenhouse.
The newer one is smaller and lighter and stores energy, whether mechanical
or solar. Recommended. I bought it when Spouse was in hospital and he
couldn't get R4 on the telly. His room faced south, it was July and it
rarely needed winding. Now it goes with us in the caravan or tent.

Mary