doozer wrote:

and stuffed it down the gap. Page after page after page went down

that
gap. As it filled up I stuffed them down. Eventually after about 20
newspapers worth I tested the board again. It was rock solid. I could

lean on it and it didn't flex (well I don't think it did). I then

fitted
cross battens to the top half of the door and finished the job

properly.

The only problem came when I had to nail the skirting to it. I ended

up
glueing it. We sold the house like that. I wonder sometimes if it has

ever broken and been done properly. I vowed then never to bodge

another job.

funny stories From what Ive seen, cars tend to be bodged worse. Not
many building jobs are a danger to life.

NT