Stinkoman

Default Car plastics

Okay, a bit off-topic for this NG, but I suspect some people will have
knowledge of this.

I'm selling my car soon. Unfortunately, the plastic interior has become a
bit scuffed, particularly on the back hatch door (a petrol can slid around
and banged against it). But the facia around the dash has the odd scratch
here and there too.

Now I'm guessing that some kind of gentle abbrasive liquid might help work
the scuffs out, or perhaps even a very soft wet/dry paper (wetted). My dad
recommends a polish but I don't really want to make it shine - just to make
it look like like new, or as near as possible.

Any advice appreciated!