PrecisionMachinisT

"Joatman71" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to make 1/64 scale models of construction equipment. I have
looked at using brass and soldering it together, but it doesn't stick
together well. I can break it apart at the solder joint. Is this
normal or is it my soldering skills? I also want to lay a bead of
solder along a 2" joint and then grind it smooth. Is this possible?
Should I braze it instead of soldering it?

I have thought about using sheet metal and a mig welder instead. Will
this work with very small parts and thin metal?

Thanks for any ideas.

Not directly related to the soldering aspect but....just might come in handy
for scratch building out of brass...

www.thesmallshop.com

--

SVL