jim rozen

In article , Grant Erwin says...

I have this old set of casters I'm trying to save. Steel everything, quite
rusted. They still turn but sound like a sack of cats. These don't disassemble
and the replacement ones have plastic wheels. Yuck. So I'm trying to get the
rust off. These are stem casters, 7/16"x1-9/16" stem, 2" wheels. Yesterday I
suspended one by the stem into an electrolytic derusting solution and gave it
a whirl. The caster housing derusted beautifully but there is apparently too
little electrical contact with the wheel to have any effect.

How can I EDR the wheel? I thought of soft-soldering a wire to the rim of
the wheel and suspending it by the wire (with just the top of the wheel
out of the solution). Is there any better way?

I'd go with a big alligator clip, like for jumper cables. How
wide are the wheels?

Jim

please reply to: