m Ransley

Matt I have 10 or so 40- 60 year old brass base pedistal pumps, They are
built better then anything new today unless you consider commercial
units, not HD 49.95 but 300-400$ units. Old doesnt mean anything in a
motor or pump. Switches fail, so what, a cheap fix. If you lived with
flooding and quality pumps not HD crap you would know. Plenty of houses
in my area and mine have 80 yrs old system pumps that run like new and
today would cost thousands to replace. Old equipment was commonly
overbuilt even by todays commercial standards, Consumer crap didn`t
exist then, it was all pro stuff everywhere.