Pete C

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 00:29:33 +0100, "Brian G"
wrote:

Remove and replace ALL timber within the infection area and upto 3
feet (1metre) away from the last signs of the infection and burn it
- even if its not showing signs of dry rot.

binbags are somewhat more convenient disposal I find.

Great until the spores spread the rot around a little.

Doesn't treating the surface of the timber care of that?

Also what do you think of injecting boron based chemicals into the
wood? I'd expect if it gets/stays damp they will spread inside the
wood and stop more rot.

I've yet to see a dehumidifier completely dry a room where there is a
constant dampness and not hermetically sealed.

IME they do a good job of keeping the humidity level under control, if
the damp is due to condensation then they will dry it out, but if due
to water leaks etc then the affected area will stay damp.

cheers,
Pete.