Don Foreman

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 03:58:29 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Actually..the only one in this park is on my truck. I do have a spare
K40 48" whip somewhere around the homestead, and Ill dig it out this
weekend and make up a mount and run some coax and give it a try.

I don't know if this would work or not, but it's certainly stealthy.
It depends on the RV not being grounded to RF. If it is grounded to
the utility, an RF choke in the ground line would fix that: just a
few turns of #14 on a large ferrite toroid. I can send you a toroid.

Think of the RV itself as a fat whip. It is certainly more than 4
feet high. It will have a large capacitance to ground, but a whip
is just a capacitive E-field probe and radiation resistance for short
antennae is very very low.

For "ground", you then create a counterpoise on the ground under the
RV. It could be a length of wire, radials, or even chicken wire. It
is out of sight and essentially invisible.