Mary Fisher

Default Memories - was building regs for staircases

"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in
et:

We had a television for about three years but I can't remember when
... I seem to remember making a son watch the destruction of the
Berlin wall ...

Funnily enough, I watched the building of the Berlin Wall on our first
television. In Berlin. I do remember when. :-)

Some things are more memorable than others. I don't remember where I was
when Kennedy died (which seems to be the gold standard) but I do remember
where I was when I heard the report of the Cuba crisis - it was more
significant. I remember where I was (playing the piano) when Lennon was shot
and (in bed on a Thursday morning) when Mrs Thatcher resigned; in bed again
when I heard that That Woman had been killed and in the caravan on The Isle
of Arran when the report of the twin towers came through - the sun shone on
the solar powered radio bringing it into sudden life.

Apart from those universal happenings I'd say that family incidents are more
important.

I'm still not all that good at remembering the When though ...

Mary