Adrian Brentnall

HI Matt

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 05:11:23 GMT, wrote:

Adrian Brentnall adrian-the papers and the
wrote:
It seems that this UPS wants to see a link between pins 1 and 6 on the
terminal strip. I think this is a kind of 'UPS enable' link - which
prevents the UPS from functioning during shipping.

Glad to hear you worked it out! (Did you find documentation, or just
start playing with it?)

Both !
There's a similar unit on the web at
www.powerstream.com/Product2.htm
- and it sort of mentions that there's a need for a link between 1 and
6...

But the sequence of operations turns out to be critical..... which
caused me some confusion (doesn't take a lot, these days !)

I bet if you start playing with a voltmeter or ohmmeter you will find
that some of the other terminals open and close with the mains, and
possibly open and close with a good/discharged battery.

Correct - as per the weblink above

It also wants to see some kind of a load on the 48v terminals (I used
a 470R / 2W resistor.

Did the red and black terminals (1 and 8) turn out to be the 48 V
terminals?

7 & 8 - yes. Plenty of 'juice' there - certainly enough to cook the
first resistor I used as a load g

Many thanks for your input - it does help to be able to 'bounce' ideas
off another person - my 2 dogs are clueless when it comes to
electronics !

Thanks
Adrian

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply