Adrian Brentnall adrian-the papers and the wrote:
It seems that this UPS wants to see a link between pins 1 and 6 on the
terminal strip. I think this is a kind of 'UPS enable' link - which
prevents the UPS from functioning during shipping.

Glad to hear you worked it out! (Did you find documentation, or just
start playing with it?)

I bet if you start playing with a voltmeter or ohmmeter you will find
that some of the other terminals open and close with the mains, and
possibly open and close with a good/discharged battery.

It also wants to see some kind of a load on the 48v terminals (I used
a 470R / 2W resistor.

Did the red and black terminals (1 and 8) turn out to be the 48 V
terminals?

Matt Roberds