Michael Mcneil

Default "Sold" boards should only be allowed after exhange of contract

"Set Square" wrote in message

Am I missing something here? I can't see any advantage to the agent in
pretending a house is sold when it isn't - because the "sold" notice will
put off any other potentially interested parties from investigating it.

You get 6 weeks to finalise your mortgage. If you don't get the
paperwork done and th emoney threough in time the vendor is free to
gazzump you.

The swine I work for just did that to a few people. I can't say I blame
him. Some snarl up in the banks caused a delay i the processes. So he
pulled out and put the prices up a thousand quid. (I must change this
keyboard setting one day.)