Colbyt

"Andrew" wrote in message
Prior to my owning it, my home originally had a septic system with
sump pit, and now has a city sewer system, is it a good idea to fill
in the old pit, rather than have an eyesore in the basement with
potential for mold, etc?

I have wet-vac'd it out in the past but not surprisingly the water
eventually seeps back in. I was thinking of filling most of it with
stone, and then pouring concrete over the top. I'm concerned that
some moisture could wick up.

I have never seen one in a basement but do you mean grease trap?
Did the kitchen sink drain to this before it went to the septic field?

If it is a true sump pit, I agree with the others that I would keep it and
put a pump in it for a rainy day.
Pun intended, please pardon

Colbyt