Mary Fisher

Default "Sold" boards should only be allowed after exhange of contract

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news

Isn't it a pity that a notice like this doesn't have the effect of
keeping the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Morons away.

I must get in touch with an old friend from university days. He had
a party piece to deal with them. It was necessary to arrange for
the visitors to come at a specific time and to engage them in doorstep
conversation. He would be upstairs and would drink some form of
emetic and would then run down the stairs screaming that he was the
antichrist and vomit on the doorstep at their feet.

It was really very effective, they would never, ever come back again.

I reckon that while I'm talking to them, keeping them occupied, I'm
protecting others. I once sold a parish magazine to two of them.

To date they've always gone away gibbering ...

Why are you not surprised?

Mary

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl