The reality is that the average tv set in the US is on 6 hours a day.
That is 6x365= 2165 hours per year.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:
Bingo. The lamps used in the LCD and DLP projection sets are good

only
for 1000-2500 hours maximum.

At say 3 hours per day viewing, that's between approx 3 and 6 years

use.

You have to buy from the tv manufacture
as every lamp assembly is different and there is no real source for
just the lamps.
The catch, the lamps cost between $300 and $500, every 1000-2500
hours!!!!

A tv in that size and price range is likely not going to be full

HDTV
and from a 'decent' brand. i.e. Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Mitz.

At
this time I would still stick with a 3 picture tube rear projection

set
or a large diret view picture tube tv set. Best picture for the $$

and
proven technology.

CRT tubes used for rear projection have a limited life too - if you

want
to maintain performance. And they're always out of registration on

any set
I've seen. Nor do they go anywhere near as bright as a DLP system -

which
can do 500cd/m2.

Of course like everything else it depends on your priorities.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.