Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark Cooper" wrote in message
news:1112743750.73f70e4a747778578e147da824398fd1@t eranews...
What part of "A distributor..." sounds to you like Black and Decker?

B & D got none of my money, and I never implied they did.

So you got hoodwinked by the dealer who sat on your money. Maybe he was
going on vacation and needed the extra cash.

Check your attitude at the keyboard, young man.

Thank you. No one has called me a young man for the past ten or twenty
years.

If indeed there was a real problem getting the saw to market, Black and
Decker would be honest with their customer service and field reps. They
would give them actual information. As it is, nobody really seems to know
anything.

Maybe your sources are just not getting the info. Could be no one really
does know for sure and they don't want to knowingly give false information.
Reputable companies do hold back release of new products to be sure they
"get it right" and avoid bad publicity. Some are just ignorant.

Take it from a marketer, B&D is playing to the channel.

And if you don't know what that means...well...maybe you don't work for a
very large manufacturer?

I don't now. Used to. I like small companies much better. Over the years
though, our customer base included General Motors, Ortho, DuPont, Texas
Instruments, IBM, Frigidaire, P & G, and many others that make both consumer
and industrial products. Many of these companies would be pressuring us to
get parts by a certain deadline and when everything was ready, there would
be a last minute delay of days, weeks, months, until a bug got fixed by them
or one of their other suppliers. Last year we started shipping to a company
that came out with a new product. Then we were put on hold. It was a year
before they started shipping again as they had to recall and rework
everything they made.

You have an opinion. You may or may not be right, but to state it as fact
and not give facts to back it up does not make by sympathetic to your cause.
It will not affect my decision making if I was to consider buying from them
in the future. again, good luck with what you buy instead.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/