Mary Fisher

Default building regs for staircases

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| "Owain" wrote
| | Are modern doors really made of cardboard?
| Yes :-) (Or something like it)
| Two flat outer skins of hardboard separated by a cellular
| corrugated-cardboard core.
| Oh, that kind of door. Are they still made?

Yes. They seem especially popular in America (doing a google search for
cardboard core door).

But in UK?

| There was an episode of the Generation Game where the
| contestants had to make a door.
| er ... Generation Game?

A popular televisual entertainment of the 1980s, featuring Mr Larry

Grayson,
a well-known and rather camp variety entertainer (whose catchphrase was,
appropriately for the topic, "Shut that door!") assisted by Isla St Clair.

Oh.

We had a television for about three years but I can't remember when ... I
seem to remember making a son watch the destruction of the Berlin wall ...

Thanks for the explanation. It makes some sense now because when we teach
people how to make candles some say that 'it feels like The Generation Game'
and I never liked to show my ignorance :-)

Mary

Owain