Gerald Miller

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 06:38:42 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:02:59 GMT, "Emmo" wrote:

I clean the clay with a putty knife to get the old pellets out every couple
of months (hundreds of pellets), but I just throw it away - I don't reclaim
it.

There was a whole era of "parlor shooting" - 1890s I believe, where guns and
ammo were made to allow shooting like we are now doing. I have never seen
more than just a passing reference to it however. You say Sir Arthur Conan
Doyle did this?

Lots of them were propellent fired. 3 and 4 millimeter caliber.

Gunner

Some time ago I saw a magazine write-up on basement shooting galleries
for something like .45 colt revolvers wherein they modified the casing
to accept a shotgun primer as the propellant charge to throw a slug
cut from hard wax in a baking pan.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada