George Willer

Ed,

This will be my last post on the subject... not because I concede anything
to a pompous ass like you, but it's becoming tedious writing to one like you
to no good purpose. You'll always think your loony leftist ideas are the
salvation for our country, and you can't even see that you are a liberal.
You tip your hand when you refer to "stupid right wing positions" and defend
loony leftist positions.

Yes, I'm a Conservative, and a damn fine one. We work hard to make the
world a better place for everyone. It's an uphill battle much of the time
because the liberals try so hard to win votes by making false promises they
can't keep.

You have no idea... no idea at all, in spite of your bull****, how our
economy would have grown and how much better we would have been able to
solve problems had it not been for the government meddling and burdening the
engine of our prosperity. You don't seem to have the ability to ask "What
might have been?" Some of us can see trends, in spite of what you think,
and I don't like what I see.

Adios,
George Willer

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"George Willer" wrote in message

"Bull****"? This, from a guy who just told us he had the math all

figured
out in third grade, that the birthrate was going down, even though it
actually went up for roughly 20 years after he was born?

George, you're going to have a problem now passing yourself off as the
clear
voice of reason. g

I know you liberals are dug in on a position that will someday prove

fatal.

"You liberals"? George, the only people who think I'm "liberal" are people
who are trying to hold up some stupid right-wing position and who get
themselves too frustrated to pay attention. It's a sign of poor thinking
and
being verbally challenged. g

You know I'm not a liberal. But the right-wingers are so prone to stick
their feet in their mouths that I wind up arguing with them far more than
with liberals.

Now, about what you know concerning the "fatal" position on Social
Security.
You're talking through your hat, you have no more idea of where SS will go
than anyone else, and you *sure* didn't know when you were in 3rd grade.

As I said, whether SS survives depends on whether we *want* it to survive.
If enough people think it's hopeless, or if they buy into George Bush's
1929
Retirement Plan, then we'll sink SS. If not, we'll do some combination of
the things others have suggested here, and maybe increase withholding a
few
points, and see how many immigrants wind up boosting the system's income.
The NYT has an article on that very subject today, as a matter of fact. If
you're really interested, you could learn something from it. It involves
unplanned billions of dollars of income to the system.

Also, _The Economist_ has had some good analyses. Although they've been
much
too brief to suit me, they're about as objective as anything can be.

You think the ever increasing government intrusion into our lives is a

good
thing.

You don't know what I think, George. As I said, you're talking through
your
hat.

You have no inkling what peril your ever increasing dependence on
the inept government puts us in. you're so dug in to your minority

position
that you'll go to great lengths to distort what others say to your own
ends...

And you have no inkling what inklings I have. You're getting yourself a
little wound up, George, imagining that you know more than most of the
economists in the country and building strawmen based on what you think
that
other people think. You'd do better to stick to what you do know, rather
than what you imagine, and recognize what you don't know. Nobody knows the
things you're claiming you know now.

One thing we know is that the neocons would like nothing more than to tear
down the last remnants of the New Deal. They'll say anything it takes to
do
it, and you appear to swallow whatever they tell you. But you've already
made it clear that you don't have a clue, George. All of those years you
were making your predictions about the declining birth rate, back when you
were in grade school, the rate was going UP. Your predictions about how
many
retirees will be collecting, relative to the number working, are grabbed
out
of thin air. Even the Bureau of the Census doesn't know, giving a range
that
varies by over 150,000,000. The neocons grab the number that suits their
purposes. Where do you get YOUR numbers?

Maybe it's time to speak in a language that may get your attention?

Look, asshole... as I said, the math skills necessary to figure out the
impending collapse was learned in the third grade. Reason? First you

have
to pay attention.

First you have to learn that you really don't have the first freaking idea
of what you're talking about, George. Then you can start from scratch,
learn
something about it, whereupon you'll learn that everybody is guessing
about
future population distributions, and that only small variations in tax
rates
or other adjustments will get the system over the hump unless the extremes
of the prediction range happens to occur -- if you have any interest in
that.

Here's something that ought to get your attention: You're full of hot air,
you've probably always been full of hot air, and you have no way of
knowing
what the facts are, nor of who might know what the facts are. You're full
of
attitude and crank opinions that you lap up to support your attitudes. In
other words, a typical malcontent righty, who probably has been bitching
about where the economy has been going for 40 years or more, while the
economy actually was exploding beyond anyone's imagination, reaching the
highest per-capita rates in the country's history, building the largest
economy the world has even seen, at the same time we were "suffering" from
liberal-Democrat programs ranging from SS to welfare to Medicaid.

In other words, you're a man who looks but doesn't see. Or, you see, but
you
ignore the facts. A typical righty bag of wind.

Have a nice day, George. I did.

--
Ed Huntress