Owain

Default Cheap simple audio amplifiers.

"Ian Stirling" wrote
| Where might I go for basic audio amplifiers?
| All I want is something that has a 3.5mm input jack,
| and speaker connectors. Everything else, perhaps even
| a volume control, is extra.
| Something around 20W.

Hmm, real watts or music power watts?

| This would be for miscellaneous household audio.
| At the moment I've got various stereo units doing this,
| but they are rather large, and a neater solution would
| be nice.

Those amplified speakers used for computers. I don't know how many W my
Altec Lansings with a subwoofer pump out, but they do the business on a
Roland Virtual Guitar. Many people will have spares from buying new PC
systems.

Alternatively for something a bit more gutsy than the typical maplin modules

http://www.bkelec.com/Diy/pp50.htm
50 W amp module, GBP 60. Includes power supply, just fits to back of a
cabinet.

http://www.bkelec.com/Professional/A...ssD/ClassD.htm
600 W Class D amp module. Okay that one's not cheap :-)

Owain