The Natural Philosopher

Default Digging a trench for electricity cable

Nigel Mercier ® wrote:

I need to dig a trench for an electricity cable, about 25 metres from
the source. I'm crossing a lawn, and I think the regs say 60mm deep.

Has anyone got any tips how to dig it? Trencher? Hired labour? DIY?

Hire a mini digger. It will do it in about an hour once you learn how to
drive it.

Tip scrape off topsoil first. and place in pile. Then use it to cover
the mess you leave afterwards. Grass will regrow quickly in topsoli (no
need to seed: Old roots will sprout if not too deep)
) .