Larry Fowkes

wrote in message
ups.com...
Bingo. The lamps used in the LCD and DLP projection sets are good only
for 1000-2500 hours maximum. You have to buy from the tv manufacture
as every lamp assembly is different and there is no real source for
just the lamps.
The catch, the lamps cost between $300 and $500, every 1000-2500
hours!!!!

A tv in that size and price range is likely not going to be full HDTV
and from a 'decent' brand. i.e. Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Mitz. At
this time I would still stick with a 3 picture tube rear projection set
or a large diret view picture tube tv set. Best picture for the $$ and
proven technology.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the input. I have seen this size range in some of the better
brands, but I believe you are correct when they are not fully HDTV. I may be
happier with a smaller screen of better quality. I have been very happy with
my Toshiba 36" crt. It is just starting to get a jumpy picture now and then.
Kind of a quick vertical jump. I may go ahead and replace the electrolytics
in the vertical and power supply section just to keep this one going until I
can settle on a replacement.

Larry Fowkes