Adrian Brentnall

Hi Matt

Just to follow up on my earlier post - and in case anybody else is
searching in thre future for the answer to the same question :-

It seems that this UPS wants to see a link between pins 1 and 6 on the
terminal strip. I think this is a kind of 'UPS enable' link - which
prevents the UPS from functioning during shipping.

It also wants to see some kind of a load on the 48v terminals (I used
a 470R / 2W resistor.

If both of thesethings are present, AND mains is applied, then 48v
appears at the output terminals.
Subsequently, if the mains then drops, the unit goes into UPS (battery
backup) mode.

In short, it works ! - but only if the above conditions are satisfied,
and in the right sequence........

cunning, eh ?

Thanks all
Adrian
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply